Survey of 1008 users finds that majority (71.2%) find auto-play videos annoying.…
- /Archive by category ' Web & Technology '
Archive For: Web & Technology
A little lightning bolt shows next to some results in Google.
What do you think it means?
That’s what we asked 1,000 web users from the United States and found that most of them either didn’t know or didn’t care.…
In the order of importance, the trust factors for online content are:
- Content Properties. Title, spelling, grammar, style, language and presence of quick answers.
- Proof. Quotes, links, references and citations.
- Publisher Reputation. Brand, website or publisher reputation.
- Author Reputation. Familiarity
- Show people a photo of your product
- Ask them what they would type into a search engine if they were looking for it
- Discover new attributes, concepts and synonyms you haven’t considered before
- Expand your keyword research by
New research shows that organic links on the web often exist for explicitly promotional reasons.
A study of linking behaviour on the web was conducted between May and June 2016 in hope to understand the following:
- Why web publishers link
There’s no inherent ranking benefit at all.
John Mueller has just published a new Q&A post called addressing common questions and misconceptions around gTLDs.
An interesting discussion took place on Google+ when Jon Hogg asked whether Google completely ignores TLDs.…
Content could increase rankings, even without links.
Personalisation affects rankings, and there is strong evidence that click through rate does too. Content can play a role in influencing both of these, and yet there is still a fixation on links.…