- /Page 2
URL, Encryption and Brand Name
Primary trust signal on the web is the URL of the page which is used to establish two main criteria:
Around 21% of surveyed users check the URL to establish whether they’re on …
In the order of importance, the trust factors for online content are:
- Content Properties. Title, spelling, grammar, style, language and presence of quick answers.
- Proof. Quotes, links, references and citations.
- Publisher Reputation. Brand, website or publisher reputation.
- Author Reputation. Familiarity
- Show people a photo of your product
- Ask them what they would type into a search engine if they were looking for it
- Discover new attributes, concepts and synonyms you haven’t considered before
- Expand your keyword research by
- 55% of Australians have purchased online using their mobile phone
- 2 out of 3 have spent more than $10 on an item
- Low value transactions linked to digital products such as books, apps, games and phone credit
- Repeated buying behaviour
New research shows that organic links on the web often exist for explicitly promotional reasons.
A study of linking behaviour on the web was conducted between May and June 2016 in hope to understand the following:
- Why web publishers link
Today I discovered an interesting bug in Google’s auto-suggest feature which is triggered by incomplete words in long form queries. To recreate the bug search for a long sentence but remove a few last letters of a word and then …
Query “Search Console” suddenly started returning a very specific (and for that matter very wrong) canonical URL containing the following parameter &siteUrl=ftp://geograph.org.uk/
Why did Google suddenly switch away from the correct URL? Well ironically the …
Tell our readers a bit more about you, your experience in online marketing and your current position.
I have been in the Online Marketing space for 9 years now. I started with link building in 2005 at MelbourneIT. Currently I’m …