- Inbound links pointing towards duplicates are inverted towards the canonical URL
- This is called “link
- /Articles posted by ' Dan Petrovic '
An SEO test was conducted on three sets of mobile-first websites with similar authority.
Our results show that content hidden behind tabs and accordions remains devalued.
The page ranks, just not enough to compete with a site that doesn’t hide …
- Stronger flux than “Medic”
- 3rd most volatile day in 2018
- Most volatile day this year since 10th of March
- Impacts desktop more than mobile
Google has just rolled out another update, significantly more prominent than the recently reported “Medic”. It’s …
Google’s team has tracked down my test site, most likely using the source code I shared and de-indexed the whole domain.
1,500 Mechanical Turk workers were instructed to:
- search for [money term]
- search for [money term, test site brand]
- click on [test site]
I wanted to see if a follow-up search and high CTR had any impact on Google Suggest and …
This is a case study involving dejanseo.com.au domain and impact of link disavow file removal on its vulnerability to ongoing algorithm updates. Our reasoning for this test was that brands “Dejan SEO”, “Dejan Marketing” and domain “dejanseo.com.au” had enough recognition …
A survey of 1,001 users* shows that most web users skim and scan through web content looking for items of interest.
- Sample Size: 1001
- Targeting Audience: Users on websites in the Google Surveys publisher network
- Sampling: Representative
- Age: All Ages
- Hypothesis: Quality content can rank well without links for low competition queries.
- Experiment Result: False.
- Start Date: August 2016
- End Date: April 2018
- Number of Queries: 265
- Number of Pages: 30
- Domain: 1
When analysing queries in Google Search Console use spaces to isolate a word which may be a part of a longer word.
A search for “pr” with the intent of looking up public relations related queries returns results …
A little lightning bolt shows next to some results in Google.
What do you think it means?
That’s what we asked 1,000 web users from the United States and found that most of them either didn’t know or didn’t care.…